The beastie boot menu.

Jamie Bowden ragnar at sysabend.org
Wed Dec 1 10:59:09 PST 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

> My own capacity for contributing is very limited, but some time back I
> made a posting offering to try upgrade the system's man command to the
> most recent GNU version (which offers the nice feature that you can
> read a manpage foo.1 in your current directory with "man ./foo.1" without
> installing it).  As I expected, I received not a single constructive
> comment, but several comments on why it was not necessary because you
> can use a groff command to read a manpage page instead.  In fact there
> were three mails making corrections to the exact groff command required,
> but the irony of expecting regular users to know all this seemed lost
> on the posters.

man -M . foo1.man should work (assuming FBSDs man command is POSIX
compliant; I haven't tried it).  No need for GNU, and the emphasis over
the last few years is less gnu in the base system, not more.

I'm merely a 10 year FreeBSD user, not a developer.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"