And now, the Linux is near...

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. kdk at daleco.biz
Wed Dec 1 09:44:27 PST 2004

Ceri Davies wrote:

>On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 04:54:54PM +0000, Paul Robinson wrote:
>

>>... it's time to face, the final curtain.
>>
>>Inspired by the 3945634956295425258695 Linux distributions currently on
>>offer and seeing the relative ease with which DragonFly got off the
>>ground, it would appear, a few kids are trying to sell Free/DragonFlyBSD
>>without adding a huge amount:
>>
>>http://www.crescentanchor.com/
>>
>>My favourite bit is with the Gold edition you get all those lovely
>>languages that are simply just too expensive to get hold of for humble
>>FreeBSD.

Hmm, I'm on top of a rather large gift for my wife
at ebay...

# mkdir /home/release
# cd /usr/src/release
# make release BUILDNAME=DaleCo-FruitFlyBSD-1.0-RELEASE \
CHROOTDIR=/home/release
CVSROOT=freebsdanoncvs at anoncvs.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs \
RELEASETAG=RELENG_5_3

Now, I think the gift is at $400 ATM, anyone for FruitFly BSD?  Selling
licenses for
forty bucks ea. in packs of 10 ... :-D
Hey, it's free, like free {beverage of choice}.  "With malice
toward none and charity for all"* let him go, I say.  FBSD is [arguably]
still the oldest && bestest && best documented && most widely
known/used.

Now I wish I was just in a position to help keep it that way...
An occasional doc patch does not an OS make.... :-(

I do think the guys over at phpbuilder.com will get a kick
out of the extra $31.01 that PHP/Perl/Python are worth.... :-)

Kevin Kinsey

*Maybe we should add Lincoln's thoughts to /COPYRIGHT?
Nah ....