Installing Linux Programm, here: Overnet

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Wed Apr 28 05:40:13 PDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 03:09:44AM -0700, David W. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed the Overnet Client 0.51.2.
> (www.overnet.org)
> When I just simply started the programm now, it
> complained about missing ELF libs etc.
> So I installed linux_base and made "brandelf -t Linux
> overnet0.51.2" like mentioned in the FBSD Handbook.
>
> Now I get the following:
>
> su-2.05b# ./overnet0.51.2
> Welcome to Overnet command line client 0.51.2
> Enter commands at any time (type '?' for help)
> > Upload Queue not loaded
> Bad system call
> su-2.05b#
>
> That's it.
>
> Google gave me this:
> http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/2003-10/1653.html
>
> But I have no command "linux":
> "Make sure you have the linux translation layer
> running:
>  # linux"
>
> I can't reboot the machine, so maybe this is the
> problem? Is there an other way?
>
> Greetings,
>
> David W.

The linux command is/was a shell script which would load the kernel
module needed for linux emulation and run lddconfig. The linux_base
executes those commands at the end of the install. Run kldstat to
see if the linux module is loaded.

--
Regards, Ulf.