comparing netboot thin client solutions?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed Apr 21 14:00:39 PDT 2004

I am currently researching LTSP and K12LTSP (Fedora and LTSP
pre-configured). Any other free, open source solutions I should look at?

And I'd also like to compare with *BSD solutions.

I see the old 1996 Diskless X Server: a how to guide (for FreeBSD) and the
Diskless NetBSD HOW-TO.

Does anyone have know of any websites or articles comparing netboot thin
client setups?

Or any personal experience you'd like to share?

I am particularly interested in comparing approximate time to setup server
for the tftp and bootp tasks and the setup time for the initial
pre-configured boot image and run environment.

In my case, audio is not needed, just a web browser and printing service.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/