Beginning C++ in FreeBSD

DoubleF doublef at tele-kom.ru
Sat Apr 17 21:51:12 PDT 2004

[Moved to chat@]

On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 09:30:24AM -0600,
 Dan MacMillan probably wrote:
> [...]

Let me leave this one to Daniela and defeat a more general claim, that
C++ is not just C:

The `canonical' (portable; standard-compatible) way to get something
done either before or after main() is called, when main() has no
awareness of the need to do it, is:

a) in C++: creation of a static object, whose ctr/dtr contain the code
to be executed before/after main;

b) in C: <your answer here>

One writes it in C instead:)...

--