advanced DOS

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Apr 13 08:51:36 PDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Joshua Lokken wrote:

> I just had a co-worker tell me that his opinion of *NIX is that it's
> "just advanced DOS."  I had to roll on the floor for a few minutes,
> laughing... ;)

Actually,  this does give a *very* simplified view of it from an end-users
perspective ... think of X as Windows 3.1 over DOS ... note that that is
the easiest thing for an *end-user* to grasp, since it gives them a
reference point that 99.9% of end-users can understand ...

Now, from an admin standpoint, that isn't even close ...

----