The Old Way Was Better

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 03:37:13 PDT 2003

Kris Kirby wrote:

>It doesn't matter if your desktop crashes, repeatedly in one day, to ruin
>your productivity -- but a server doing down ruins many people
>productivity and results in a real loss of money.

Do you have any idea how much I want to punch you in the face for saying
that?

A desktop crashing is important. A person who is dealing with crashes
and is losing productivity because of THIS PROJECT is important. You
might be happy with a desktop crashing all day long, but nobody else is.

Serioulsy, telling somebody who isn't able to get their work done, that
it doesn't matter because it's not a server issue, is the kind of thing
that hammers nails into the coffin of FreeBSD. Is that something you
really want? The newbie had a valid point, learn from it. Please,
just.... oh, never mind...

--
Paul Robinson