Should I read current-list?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Oct 1 08:30:15 PDT 2003

Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:
> I run 4-STABLE on my servers,
> but recently I put FBSD 5.1-RELEASE
> on my desktop, (and I'm liking it ;-)
>
> I was wondering if reading current@ would
> be worth the time ... I'm not really intending
> to track the HEAD, but every once in a while
> there's something I wonder about.  But, it's taking
> more and more time to get through the mail I
> get now (maybe I should quit aliasing it to
> 2 different boxen, heh...)
>
> Anyone got thoughts on the value of the
> -CURRENT list for a "noob" Desktop user?

First off, -CURRENT is pretty low volume (compared to
-QUESTIONS and other lists).

However, I doubt that much of what goes on there would
be of interest to you if you're not planning to track
HEAD.  And anything that is of interested you can
probably find easily enough by searching the archives.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies