BSD and patents?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Nov 29 22:33:46 PST 2003

I am curious if any *BSD developers or *BSD projects (or other) have any
patents on the techniques used (or previously used) in a BSD project. Does
anyone know?

I am not discussing whether patents are good or not, but you can discuss
that too.

What made me think about this was were some patents I read about for
scheduling threads in a multithreaded processor, virtual-to-physical
memory page mapping, inserting memory prefetch operations based on
measured latencies in a program optimizer, and others.

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/