SCO Lawsuits, round 2

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat Nov 22 17:55:44 PST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 05:15:41AM -0800, Terry Lambert wrote:
> "Marc G. Fournier" wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Ceri Davies wrote:
> > > "I agree that the more yarn you pull out the more you see," McBride said
> > > during a press briefing at the inaugural Enterprise IT Week at cdXpo
> > > Conference here. "We have enough sorted out, but we are so focused on
> > > the [IBM litigation]. With our limited energies and what our guys are
> > > going through, we probably won't file any suits against BSD until
> > > sometime in the first half of next year."
> >
> > Um ... who is BSD? *scratch head*  Or do they intend to sue Berkeley
> > themselves?
>
> Clearly, if they are referring to the settlement, they would
> have to go after the people with whom they settled, or their
> assigns.  That would be BSDI (now Wind River Systems) and the

I would like to add that BSDI convinced the judge that AT&T had to go to
Berkley since they had released the code. They where happy to talk about
the six files they added. The settlement is betwain Bekley and SCO. As
Greg wrote, the settlement include a clause that stated that they
wouldn't sue. If SCO sues any of the BSD based system then there in
violation.

--
Alex

Articles based on solutions that I use: