How do hackers drive?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Tue Nov 4 15:37:39 PST 2003

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd at online.fr> writes:
>
>>The most bicycle-friendly country I've seen is the Netherlands.
>
> Bicycle-friendly, but lethal for pedestrians.  Dutch cyclists treat
> pedestrians with the same contempt as drivers to cyclists in most
> other countries...

Are you serious?  That doesn't sound possible.  I mean, a car can
collide with a bicycle and cause no damage to the driver.  The
psychotic driver can have the twisted pleasure of having hurt or
killed a cyclist with little more than an insurance claim to fix
the cosmetic damager to his vehicle.

A cyclist, OTOH, will generally do a similar amount of damage to
himself as he does to the pedestrian he collides with.  So I would
think there is a certain amount of self-preservation that prevents
cyclists from colliding with pedestrians.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies