which make in freebsd?

Juli Mallett jmallett at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 3 13:36:15 PST 2003

* Nik Clayton <nik at freebsd.org> [ Date: 2003-11-03 ]
	[ w.r.t. Re: which make in freebsd? ]
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 09:39:31AM +0100, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > rob spellberg <emailrob at emailrob.com> writes:
> > > why?
> >
> > Most noticeably, the lack of .for / .endfor.
>
> No equivalent for .USE, at least the last time I looked, is a pain.

There are many clever things you can do with BSD make which make life
a lot easier (and don't hurt for job security).  Last time I tried to
do such with GNU make, it didn't work.  Many hours were spent trying
to get their macro system to generate rule contents, if not rules, in
useful ways, to no avail.

juli.
--
juli mallett. email: jmallett at freebsd.org; efnet: juli; aim: bsdflata;
the finer things keep shining through the way my soul gets lost in you