a public relations opportunity for BSD

Josef Grosch jgrosch at mooseriver.com
Wed May 14 21:53:17 PDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 10:28:35PM -0400, Sergey Babkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you haven't heard yet, SCO has sent a letter to about 1500
> companies claiming that Linux infringes on SCO's intellectual property.
> I won't comment on whether this claim is true (there
> are enough comments on slashdot). But for BSD it's a nice
> opportunity to come out and say to the public that BSD out there,
> does all that Linux does and more, and has no intellectual property
> issues. So that if the management of the threatened companies
> starts running from Linux, they run to BSD.

I think we need to stay as far away from this self inflicted fiasco as
possible. If SCO wants to turn into the next Unisys, fine! They will not be
missed. We should continue to focus on making FreeBSD the server OS of
choice.

Oh, I'm moving this chat, which is where it really belongs.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 4.8
jgrosch at MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | www.bafug.org