WarBSD 0.1 Released

Stacy Olivas olivas at digiflux.org
Mon May 12 15:59:09 PDT 2003

WarBSD 0.1?

Yeah, it's a little hack I did of PicoBSD .500 (using the FreeBSD
5.0-RELEASE-p7 source tree).

After seeing WarLinux and how it used an embedded version of Linux to get the
job done, I started wondering if PicoBSD could be used for the same thing.

It can.  After a few hours of hacking I got it done.  It wasn't until recently
that I decided to make it public.

So, if you want to see my first attempt at dong something interesting with
FreeBSD surf on over to the temporary home of WarBSD at
http://digiflux.org/warbsd

There you will find some general information and the source tarball
that you can download and (if you have the FreeBSD source tree on
your system) you can build your own copy.

The system boots.  I've got it using bsd-airtools for it's
wireless sniffer.

I'm running into a problem with the wi network driver.  The README
file tells you about it.

I've decided to release this in hopes that someone will find it
useful and maybe even point to way to getting it working right.

Let me know what you think.  Send all comments, suggestion, flames, etc
to my address above.

Thanks

-Stacy