handwriting and tablets

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Wed May 7 11:04:17 PDT 2003

I take lots of hand-written notes.

I want to try to use a input tablet and a stylus to save paper -- and to
get my notes in files instead.

Any suggestions of hardware (and drivers or configs)?

Also, any suggestions on what software to also use, like Lamerpad, wayV,
libstroke, or xscribble?

I am hoping that I can just write just like it was a full-sheet of paper,
so I don't have to move the stylus back to beginning of line until I have
written several words.

Please share your experiences with inputing (in X11) by handwriting on
a tablet.

Also, I have hundreds of pages of handwritten journals (and other notes)
since the early 1980s that I should save to disk. Please share your
suggestions and experiences with digitizing handwriting.

Will I save time (versus retyping)?

Any forums or websites that I should research this further?

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/