open source license with 24 month proprietary clause

Terry Lambert tlambert2 at mindspring.com
Mon May 5 21:59:07 PDT 2003

JacobRhoden wrote:
> On Tue, 6 May 2003 01:38 pm, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > who needs long term treatment with your drug,
> > is worth a heck of a lot more long term revenue if you treat them
> > instead of curing them.
>
> That is true, but if you are the researcher working for the drug company, your
> motivation is not to make money for your company, you want to be the person
> that cured aids (no one remembers the person who helped temporarily alieve
> something)

So there's a discrepancy between what's being funded and what
the researcher wants to have been funded... I don't see the
issue... Theo de Raadt might, though, given his recent DARPA
funding issue.  Have to wonder if the researchers who wanted
something else to be funded have had their own funding issues,
or if they've just taken their bosses money.  8-).

-- Terry