[Fwd: Re: RMS says: 'Use BSD, for goodness sake!']

Simon L. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Thu Jun 26 13:41:44 PDT 2003

On 2003.06.26 22:32:47 +0200, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Paul Robinson <paul at iconoplex.co.uk> writes:
> > ports/misc/freedialog, something I did in 1999.
> > [...]
> > OpenBSD on Sunday removed GNU grep in favor of freegrep, which was another
> > project from 1999.  It was a busy couple of months :)
>
> I'm a bit surprised to see you claim credit for freegrep, as it was
> written by JP Howard and myself, and your name doesn't appear anywhere
> in the sources or documentation.

Paul didn't.  From the top of the message you replied to :

----- Forwarded message from "James P. Howard II" <howardjp at vocito.com> -----

Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:17:06 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: RMS says: 'Use BSD, for goodness sake!'
From: "James P. Howard II" <howardjp at vocito.com>
To: <paul at iconoplex.co.uk>
Cc: <scrappy at hub.org>, <sphaleotas at blueyonder.co.uk>,
   <freebsd-chat at freebsd.org>

The FreeBSD mailing lists are broken and reject mail from me, could you
forward this to the list for me?

[CUT]

--
Simon L. Nielsen