RMS says: "Use BSD, for goodness sake!"

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 03:28:19 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 09:45:58PM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:

> In short, Stallman considers the BSDs' "userland" utilities to be part
> of the "GNU system."

That isn't what he considers the BSDs to be at all. He does however,
completely accurately, belive that the BSDs would not be functional without
GPL code.

> It's time for the BSDs to become TRULY free -- of Stallman's agenda and
> of the noxious provisions of the GPL -- by eliminating all GPLed code.

Great, so when are you going to re-write gcc then? Make sure it's command
line compatible, and we need every command line option to work. And don't
forget gdb!

Last night actually, one friend of mine reccomended the project should
consider re-writing FBSD in Pascal. Anybody? :->

--
Paul Robinson