Cryptographically enabled ports tree.

William Fletcher ultraviolet at epweb.co.za
Sat Jun 21 10:17:35 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 11:45:29AM -0500, Pete Ehlke wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 06:38:35PM +0200, William Fletcher wrote:
> >
> > What I'm wondering about, is when FreeBSD is going to get
> > get a cryptographically signed ports tree system setup.
> >
> When can you get the code written?
In all honesty, I'd battle, I'm not saying I couldn't right now.
But all my computer equipment is at work, I'm lacking a car (lacking a license).
Rather confined to office hours and thats impossible!.

Also, what kind of licensing issues are we looking at? (Software licensing :-)

My computer knowledge isn't up to scratch at all.

I'm interested, but, where to start, GnuPG isn't good.
PGP? Nothing in our base system we can use?

Can't be all that hard though, just chuck another function into
whatever does a md5 checksum of the file, or, somewhere near by.
*Ponder*.

<Fiddle mode>

--
William Fletcher (ultraviolet)		      Powered by http://www.FreeBSD.org/