English Police Officers (was Re: Interview in Byte with Chris Sontag/SCO and FUD relating toBSDsettlement agreement)

Marc Ramirez marc.ramirez at bluecirclesoft.com
Sat Jun 21 08:07:57 PDT 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Terry Lambert wrote:

> "Stop, or I shall yell stop! again"
>
> Is actually a "cachphrase" of mine.  I attribute it to Bruce Miller,
> and am willing to accept corrections.

"Stop, or I shall say, 'Stop!' again!"
	-- Monty Python's Flying Circus

I forget who was playing the bobby...

I also have a faint recollection of a scene where a stereotypical burglar
is being chased away from a crime.  A policeman yells, "Stop!" and he
keeps running.  Then the policeman yells, "...in the name of the Queen!"
and the burglar stops with this absolutely confounded look on his face
while the policeman catches up with him.

Curses!

Marc.

--
Marc Ramirez