Peeve: why "i386"?

sektie sektie at codersluts.net
Mon Jun 9 02:51:08 PDT 2003

> You know ... the way this year's been going ... about the only good thing
> I can say is that I've really enjoyed considering other people stupid
> because they don't understand my jargon.  Please don't take that
> away from me ... once the debt collectors are through ... it'll be
> all I have left!

The only thing worse than a room full of IT people understanding nothing you
say is a room full of IT people understanding everything you say. You don't
realize the value of other peoples stupidity until something breaks and you
can't talk your way out of it by making their head spin with words like
'fsck' and 'semaphore'.

FYI, 'semaphore' is a classic for making peoples heads spin with comments
such as "The semaphores would not spin up, so I had to fsck the global RAM
and load the kernel into userland to automate patching. That's why the
server was down 4 hours."

I really miss bofh_fortune.

Randi
sektie at codersluts.net