Spam educates

Paul Robinson paul at iconoplex.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 05:40:23 PST 2003

Randi Harper wrote:

> I learned that with the proper pills and/or gadgets, I can grow a huge
> penis that will make women everywhere want me.

I don't know if the following slang reference translates across to
wherever you are, but with a name like Randi, I'm not suprised they send
you mails like that. :-)

> Apparently this is much in demand, since 95% of my spam has something
> to do with the male genitals. 2% has to do with anti-spam services,
> and the remaining 3% is people wanting to send me money.

Now, that 2% offering anti-spam services just crack me up. They should
get a prize or something for just baiting stupid people. Who the hell
walks upto their mailbox, proclaims "Oh no! More spam! Oh, actually it's
a mail offering me anti-spam services! Just what I need!" and then
clicks the links and give these people money for spyware...

The 3% wanting you to believe they are going to send you money (or
rather, trust you to help them move money out of somewhere) are also
good for a luagh. I know a guy who is effectively bankrupt and has
served time in prison who gets e-mails he enjoys because they inform him
he has been "chosen as a trusted individual" who can help move $25
million out of a "People's Republic" somewhere... I once replied to one
with a different addy saying "hey mate, I just broke into this guys'
e-mail and he's a dork. His security is so poor the feds will catch you
in no time - I'll do it for you instead if you want" and for some reason
they never replied. :-)

Well, at least the laws are starting to drop into place to slowly start
putting the spammers behind bars...

--
Paul Robinson