Some papers about benchmarks

Gianmarco gmarco at giovannelli.it
Sun Aug 24 10:52:49 PDT 2003

Hi all. I have to prepare a little talk/presentation about the possibility of
using FreeBSD in a productive enviroment instead of proprietary OS (windows
:-).

I was looking on web to find some info/material/benchmarks about performances
of FreeBSD/Linux/WinNt under the common server tasks (web, email, ftp and so
on ...) . I have found a lot of things but not so much recent and mostly
about Linux not FreeBSD.

If someone can point out to some references or new benchmarks about our OS
I'll be very happy. If there is nothing about FreeBSD also Linux/Unix
material is happily accepted ...

Thanks ...

P.s.
Once I read in this area a link about a file which summarize the main
differences about FreeBSD, Linux and Windog with little smiles. I got the
file too, but I have not with me now. Will someone so kind to repost the link
please. I tried also on the search page of FreeBSD but it seems out of work.
Thanks again....