Looking for suggestions

Ulf Zimmermann ulf at Alameda.net
Sat Aug 2 22:21:11 PDT 2003

Hello,

I have for tomorrow a machine to play with:

Supermicro Mobo
2x P4-2.4GHz Xeon 533MHz FSB
2GB PC2100 memory
LSI Logic MegaRaid SATA-6 with 6 80GB Seagate drives 8mb cache.

The drives are setup as a raid 5 (5 drives, one is hotspare).
Strip size is set to 64KB, rest of controller is in default
mode.

I am trying to come up with a way to stress this and get some
numbers as I would like to compare it against like a 5x36GB
10K RPM U320 raid. It is relatively cheap for the extra space
it gives.

--
Regards, Ulf.