(no subject)

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon May 7 22:27:56 UTC 2007

On 2007-05-07 13:37, "Alexander K. Beros" <akberos at Math.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:
> after changing /etc/ttys to allow for kdm at boot up i have lost the
> ability to pause before the computer goes directly to the kdm login
> screen which allows no root login (obviously).  since i am accustomed
> to doing all my administrative work in a console setting, it did not
> occur to me to make my "user" self a member of wheel.  i am now in the
> poition of trying, unsuccessfully, to get a root login.

Note that the `bugbusters' mailing list is not the right place to ask
general FreeBSD questions.  In the future, please direct questions to:

    freebsd-questions at FreeBSD.org

Having said that, try hitting CTRL+ALT+F1 while logged in as 'akberos'
in KDE...  you should get back a virtual console terminal, and when you
hit ALT+F9 or ALT+F10 (the virtual terminal occupied by the X11 session
you will go back to your X11 desktop).

- Giorgos