(no subject)

Alexander K. Beros akberos at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Mon May 7 21:15:40 UTC 2007

after changing /etc/ttys to allow for kdm at boot up i have lost the ability
to pause before the computer goes directly to the kdm login screen which
allows no root login (obviously).  since i am accustomed to doing all my
administrative work in a console setting, it did not occur to me to make my
"user" self a member of wheel.  i am now in the poition of trying,
unsuccessfully, to get a root login.

i would appreciate some specific suggestions.  i have spent many hours going
through the handbook as well as searching online for some discussion of a
solution.  to no avail.

please note that i AM NOT TRYING TO BECOME ROOT IN KDE.
i just want my command line back as root.

http://www.154cm.com