Bug Report

Daniel Rudy dcrudy at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 16 04:04:29 PDT 2005

It seems that your web site will not accept the code at the bottom of
the screen.  I retyped it multiple times and it will not accept it.  The
code is K6K7GWDP.

Anyways, I have a bug report to submit.  The information is as follows:

Email: dcrudy at pacbell.net
Name: Daniel Rudy
Class: sw-bug
Release: 5.4
Environment:
FreeBSD strata.xxxxxxxxxx.org 5.4-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p6 #5:
Wed Aug 10 10:10:21 PDT 2005 root at strata:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STRATA i386
Full Description:
When the system boot, the configured splash screen does not display.  I
have tried modifying loader.conf to no avail.  The vesa module is
compiled into the kernel.  I have the following in /boot/loader.conf:

# Show Splash Graphic
splash_bmp_load="YES"
bmp_load="YES"
bitmap_name="/boot/splash.bmp"

The dmsg shows the following error:
module_register_init: MOD_LOAD (splash_bmp, 0xc06dd810, 0) error 2

I have made sure that the file is a 256 color uncompressed bmp.  It
doesn't work with either uncompressed or RLE compressed bmps.  The image
is 640x480.

How to Repeat the Problem:
Try It.

Fix, if known: