Bluetooth mouse does not connect after reboot

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Jan 21 08:00:55 UTC 2011

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
 > Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > David Demelier wrote:
 > >  > These back/next buttons are not detected by xev. That's my current
 > >  > trouble :-)
 > >
 > > If xev doesn't see them, the next step would be to find out
 > > if moused sees them.  Run moused with the -f -d options, so
 > > it will print all events.
 >
 > sorry, i'm a bit confused here. moused has nothing to do with
 > bluetooth mouse. bthidd decodes hid reports (received over bluetooth
 > link), fills mouse_info structure, and, feeds mouse_info to kernel via
 > mouse_action ioctl. so, i don't think that moused will be able to trap
 > that.

Oops ...  I'm sorry.  I thought that bluetooth would feed
the sysmouse protocol data via moused(8), just like USB.
I've never used a bluetooth mouse before, which explains
my mistake.  :-)

But on the other hand, I think it would be very useful if
bluetooth mice used moused(8), too, so you could use all
of its features, like dynamic acceleration, physical-to-
logical button mapping, wheel mapping, and so on.  That
might even enable David to solve his problem.

Best regards
   Oliver

It's trivial to make fun of Microsoft products,
but it takes a real man to make them work,
and a God to make them do anything useful.