Bluetooth mouse does not connect after reboot

David Demelier demelier.david at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 19:16:01 UTC 2011

On 20/01/2011 18:55, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:52 AM, David Demelier
> <demelier.david at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 19/01/2011 20:10, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

>>> great. glad to hear this :)

>>> bthidd(8) has little to do with it. what bthidd(8) does is simply
>>> receives hid reports from the device, decodes hid reports according to
>>> the provided hid descriptor, and, feeds those events to kernel.
>>> freebsd syscons(4) relies heavily on moused(8) to handle things like
>>> double clicks etc. i did not want to replicate this in bthidd(8).
>>> bottom line is that bluetooth mouse in text console is kinda lacking,
>>> i.e. x, y, z direction and button clicks (single) -- basically
>>> MOUSE_ACTION ioctl. Xorg however, can be configured to support for all
>>> the buttons/wheels etc (using /dev/sysmouse as input device).
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> max
>>
>> Then I should edit my mouse section in my xorg.conf ? I tried this :
>>
>> Section "InputDevice"
>>         Identifier      "Mouse0"
>>         Driver          "mouse"
>>         Option          "Protocol" "auto"
>>         Option          "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>>         Option          "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
>>         Option          "Buttons" "7"
>> EndSection
>>
>> But it does not change anything
>
> could you please be more specific what exactly works and what does not?
>
> your configuration seems to be correct. so, i would expect that x, y
> and vertical scroll/wheel should work. horizontal scroll (AC_Pan) is
> not currently decoded by bthidd(8). while it is very easy to add it,
> mouse_info structure has no place to put the value in :( so,
> basically, bthidd(8) is limited by what sysmouse(4) can understand.
>
> thanks,
> max

Look this mouse
http://images.pcworld.com/news/graphics/123950-Gadget32-Intellimouse_b.jpg

It has two logical button at the both sides. It does "backward" or
"forward" in firefox or the same in nautilus. My logitech mouse has the
same feature on the wheel. if I press the mouse wheel to the side it
does 2 more click so the wheel has not only one middle click but three.
The middle click and "back" "next"

These back/next buttons are not detected by xev. That's my current
trouble :-)

--
David Demelier