Bluetooth mouse does not connect after reboot

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:10:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:23 AM, David Demelier
<demelier.david at gmail.com> wrote:
> It works ! In fact I didn't need to press the connect the button, only
> moving it or clicking. It was easier than I tought. Thanks.

great. glad to hear this :)

> I'm just guessing, there is two more logical buttons in the wheel
> (backward/forward) that are not understood by bthidd.
>
> Is this a bthidd limitation?
>
> [..snip..]
> Input   id=2 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_7 Variable, logical
> range 0..1
> Input   id=2 size=1 count=1 page=Button usage=Button_8 Variable, logical
> range 0..1
> Input   id=2 size=12 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=X Variable Relative,
> logical range -2047..2047
> Input   id=2 size=12 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Y Variable Relative,
> logical range -2047..2047
> Input   id=2 size=8 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Wheel Variable
> Relative, logical range -127..127
> Input   id=2 size=8 count=1 page=Consumer usage=AC_Pan Variable Relative,
> logical range -127..127
> End collection
>
> I think it should be the button 7 and 8 that are not usable.

bthidd(8) has little to do with it. what bthidd(8) does is simply
receives hid reports from the device, decodes hid reports according to
the provided hid descriptor, and, feeds those events to kernel.
freebsd syscons(4) relies heavily on moused(8) to handle things like
double clicks etc. i did not want to replicate this in bthidd(8).
bottom line is that bluetooth mouse in text console is kinda lacking,
i.e. x, y, z direction and button clicks (single) -- basically
MOUSE_ACTION ioctl. Xorg however, can be configured to support for all
the buttons/wheels etc (using /dev/sysmouse as input device).

thanks,
max