iPhone and bcm-2045b

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Mon Nov 16 17:52:02 UTC 2009

Hi,
   A friend of mine just got an iPhone 3G, he was here the other day and I
tried to probe the device using my laptop (Thinkpad T60 with NetBSD) which
has bluetooth built in (a Broadcom BCM2045B connected via internal USB)

I managed to discover it ok, but when I opened a connection to the device,
my controller detached from the USB bus!

I can't see that its NetBSD specifically (at least, not the Bluetooth
part) but I don't have any other OS installed to test.  Next time he comes
around I'll sniff with hcidump to see how far the connection gets, and
also try it with an external 2.1 CSR dongle that I have.

In the meantime, I wonder if anybody else has had any issues connecting to
an iPhone 3G?

iain