libhci update

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Wed May 20 08:41:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> however, bt_devsend/recv() can be used with the hci socket that was
> created outside of libbluetooth.

If this is to be the case (and I like it) then I think bt_devopen() should
be documented to return a normal socket handle and have the caller call
close() directly rather than bt_devclose() which adds nothing.

also, on bt_devsend() can it return ssize_t number of bytes written? (I
can't think a reason to want it, but it seems wasteful to discard :)

and, going back a bit..

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 1:52 AM, Iain Hibbert <plunky at rya-online.net> wrote:
>   (size and name could be passed in devinfo?)

In the end, I'm not sure I actually like passing the name in the devinfo
structure.. means every caller must do a copy rather than just passing it.
I think bt_devinfo(name, di) would be better?

iain