btpand example

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Thu May 14 09:50:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> > Also, I found the MTU by trial and error, 600 works for me, 650
> > does not. I am guessing this is a bluetooth thing but I'm not
> > sure.. If it is would it be possible for btpand to set the MTU?
>
> Why did you think to change the MTU and what was the failure?

I found that pinging worked and I could connect to an SSH port but they
SSH key exchange stalled so I guessed MTU and got lucky.

> btpand itself doesn't actually care about the interface MTU and I
> talk to a WinMo 6.0 system fine (from NetBSD) with default ethernet
> MTU of 1500.

OK.

I later tried l2ping -s 1500 -a pda and it worked so I'm not sure what's
going on.

> On the bluetooth side, the BNEP minimum MTU is 1691 but we won't send
> anything bigger than as we don't create any extension headers in
> client mode. Packets will be what came from the tap.

OK.. I wonder where the problem is :(

I have done the same operation on the same hardware in Linux and it
worked without MTU tweaks, however I haven't looked to see what MTU it
used or anything.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum