MSI MegaBook PR300 (aka MS1313) usb bluetooth device

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 18:34:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 9:55 AM, dvg_lab <dvg at tjc.ru> wrote:

> I'm on CURRENT built a couple of days ago.
> I try to use builtin usb device.
> usbdevs -v shows
> port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, config 1, product 0xa97a(0xa97a),
> vendor 0x0db0(0x0db0), rev 19.58
>
> I've found that this device 0xa97a described in OpenBSD sys/dev/usb/usbdevs
> file as
>  product MSI BLUETOOTH_3         0xa97a  Bluetooth
> at line 1941, I've tried to copy this line to the same place in FreeBSD's
> usbdevs file and recompile the kernel but without success.
>
> Is this device in plans to support by FreebSD ?

1) did you load bluetooth device driver? ( man ng_ubt(4) )

2) did you turn the device on? (some laptops have dedicated "bluetooth
on/off" button)

keep in mind there will NOT be any entries in /dev for bluetooth
devices, only netgraph nodes. the easiest way to get this working is
to add "ng_ubt_load="YES"" to your loader.conf and reboot. next time
bluetooth device is attached devd(8) should automatically load all the
required modules and start the stack (see /etc/rc.d/bluetooth for more
details).

thanks,
max