libhci (was Re: pan profile support in freebsd)

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:00:20 PST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 6:41 AM, Iain Hibbert <plunky at rya-online.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
>
>> i have plan to implement libhci (a-la linux bluez etc.) shim
>> eventually :) if someone feels like beating me to it, i would
>> certainly not object to it :)
>
> what api would you envisage?

i was thinking about doing most of the

http://git.kernel.org/?p=bluetooth/bluez.git;a=blob_plain;f=lib/hci.c;hb=1fa3750cb917358a6fb6bc718429c9000dd61ab3

starting from

int hci_inquiry(...)

and all the way down to the end of the file :) basically map dev_id to
unit numbers, i.e. dev_id 0 is "ubt0" node, etc.

i'm a bit concerned that if we follow linux too closely someone might
throw a hissy fit about bsd stealing linux's code and not using gpl :)
so we have to tread lightly here, imo :)

and, btw, i do not think i'm going to create a separate libhci for
this. existing libbluetooth is perfectly fine.

thanks,
max