obex transfer speeds

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Thu Dec 17 19:34:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009, Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-12-15 at 14:40 -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> > have you tried obexapp client to obexapp server transfer? i.e. pc to
> > pc. i suspect that mobile devices just not being able to process data
> > fast enough.

No, as I only have one computer..  actually, I can plug in a couple of
devices and run tests in the loop but I thought there could be self
interference influences..

> Sent to:
> * Motorola Razor V3xx ~85 KBytes/sec
> * Nokia N810 ~120 KBytes/sec
> * ThinkPad T500 (running Windows) ~150 KBytes/sec

Yes, these are much more realistic figures than mine thanks..  I note that
the Bluetooth page on wikipedia lists a HTC device that has 2.0 but not
EDR and I wonder if that is the case for my phone too (HTC Elf). I will do
some more research next week when I might have some time..

iain