Need help with SDP interface

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Tue Oct 21 20:08:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008, Guido Falsi wrote:

> With the new version the author added some code to
automatically find
> the rfcomm channel to talk with mobiles using AT commands.
>
> This function is very BlueZ specific and I'm trying to
rewrite it to
> work with FreeBSD's bluetooth stack.
>
> I can't really find some documentation I need about
bluetooth, so I

all (most :) documents are at www.bluetooth.com

> The function as written by Powell Kot (gnokii author)
reads out the
> SDP_ATTR_PRIMARY_LANGUAGE_BASE_ID +
SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_NAME_OFFSET
> attribute of all the RFCOMM enabed profiles, discards some
based on this
> descriptive name and select the first one not being
discarded,
> exctracting the channel attribute.

What is it looking for (or discarding)?  I'm not sure this
is the right
way to do it..  normally you look for a service class which
is a specified
number (look for some of these defined in
/usr/include/sdp.h)

I think you may be looking for 'Serial Port' profile.

> What I can't find is the data structure of the NAME
attribute, and hot
> to read it using the SDP_DATA_* functions.

I think it is just a SDP_STRING that you have to parse for
that?

iain