Need help with SDP interface

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 17:15:29 UTC 2008

On 10/21/08, Guido Falsi <mad at madpilot.net> wrote:
> Hello, I'm the maintainer of the gnokii port.
>
>  With the new version the author added some code to automatically find
>  the rfcomm channel to talk with mobiles using AT commands.

is it looking for serial port service? if so, you can use
rfcomm_sppd(1) source code as an example on how to find rfcomm channel
number.

you can also use sdpcontrol(8) source code to see how it
searches/parses sdp record attributes

>  This function is very BlueZ specific and I'm trying to rewrite it to
>  work with FreeBSD's bluetooth stack.
>
>  I can't really find some documentation I need about bluetooth, so I
>  thought I could ask for help here.
>
>  The function as written by Powell Kot (gnokii author) reads out the
>  SDP_ATTR_PRIMARY_LANGUAGE_BASE_ID + SDP_ATTR_SERVICE_NAME_OFFSET
>  attribute of all the RFCOMM enabed profiles, discards some based on this
>  descriptive name and select the first one not being discarded,
>  exctracting the channel attribute.
>
>  What I can't find is the data structure of the NAME attribute, and hot
>  to read it using the SDP_DATA_* functions.

the data structures for sdp described in the particular bluetooth
profile document.

>  Anyone is willing to help, I think I just need the the pdf or links
>  to documentation.
>
>  I've checked through the sdpcontrol functions, and got some idea of how
>  things work.

good ;)

>  I'm also doing a little cut & paste of code, so I wil need permission
>  from Maksim before submitting the code to the gnokii project.

do not need to ;) my code is under bsd license, so everything should
be fine as long as you comply with the term of the license

thanks,
max