Bluetooth audio (once again)

Federico Lorenzi florenzi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 17:46:37 UTC 2008

It's nice to see some traffic on this list again! Thanks for the
replies, everyone. I'm specifically looking at getting A2DP working.
As soon as my computer is finished making world for my EEE, I'm going
to give using rfcomm / SCO sockets in Python a shot. From what I have
read, it should work just fine.

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Maksim Yevmenkin
<maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) license issues. bluez is gnu, which could be a problem.

Unfortunately so. I can't really seem to find another implementation
of the SBC codec (maybe a wishlist item for FFMpeg?), which is
mandatory for A2DP. Some headsets support MP3 and others, but I'm not
sure how prevalent this is.

Cheers,
Federico