Bluetooth audio (once again)

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Wed Oct 8 15:00:39 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 09:13 -0700, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> >  > ok.be warned, you will need to write some code for that. its
> >  > relatively simple. basically open an rfcomm socket and then open a sco
> >  > socket. i can provide examples if you want me to.
> >
> > Please, send me an example if you have.
>
> attached

Thank you, I've played a bit with it.

So far I was able to establish connection to channel 1 or 2 of my
headset (Headset and advanced audio).

Both connections (rfcomm and sco) are opened, headset sends zeros
through sco connection and does some AT-chat on rfcomm.

Looks like I need to implement chat to make headset to work.

Then I dig a bit into bluez sources, and found two things - first, looks
like we will need to use/re-implement big part of bluez/audio
sub-directory  to get full-functional audio to work under freebsd.

Second, I've found that bluez uses almost same structures and calls to
interact with kernel.

Probably it worth to try port bluez (or part of bluez related to sound)
to freebsd instead of re-writing whole beast ? What do you think ?

PS.
I spend only about half an our to make whole bluez to compile under
freebsd (except network bridging and alsa). but not even tried to start
it, though.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova at fbsd.ru