Fun with Logitech bluetooth keyboard (diNovo Edge)...

Anish Mistry amistry at am-productions.biz
Wed May 7 18:53:00 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bought a keyboard with an integrated touchpad from logitech. Just
> plugging in the BT-dongle gives an usb hub with ums and ukbd.
> Unfortunately the ums doesn't work for me yet (problem in a
> separate mail to usb@).
>
> I googled a litte bit around and found a posting here
> (http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-bluetooth/2006-Dece
>mber/000824.html) which contains a program which puts the device
> into hci mode (by accessing /dev/uhidX), so that I can use the HID
> devices with the FreeBSD bluetooth stack directly. I haven't tried
> this yet (I would have to remove ukbd and ums from the kernel...).
>
> Is there the possibility to get this hid2hci feature in our
> userland (or into the kernel controllable via a sysctl)? I would
> would be good to have this functionality at boot (in the kernel it
> would would allow to have ukbd available while still being able to
> put the device into hci mode).
That program should really be changed so that you don't have to
specify a uhid device.  I did something similar with my device
suspend program where you just specify the uhub device and a port
number.  I think you might be able to modify the hid2hci program to
do that.
http://am-productions.biz/docs/upower.c

--
Anish Mistry