Bluetooth application

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Sat Apr 12 18:26:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> what is not "easy" about obexapp? are there any particular features
> that you are missing?

One thing that I have been meaning to add but haven't found the time, is
that when obexapp runs in server mode, it would be good to run different
services (OPUSH/FTRN) on different channels as currently they run on the
same channel.

The reason I want this is so I can require authorisation for FTRN but
allow OPUSH to anybody.

The context methodology that obexapp uses should be fairly easily
extendable for this, though I found the openobex API to be complex and it
might be simpler to make each service run as a separate instance.

If you are planning to work on bluetooth infrastructure (what, child grown
up already!? :) then even though I don't use FreeBSD, I suggest:

+ "Link Mode"
	enable AUTH and ENCRYPT flags for individual L2CAP or
	RFCOMM channels (eg for above). I also did SECURE (ENCRYPT plus
	refresh link key) and worked on MASTER but had limited success
	so thats on hold for now.

+ removal of ng_ and NG_ prefixes from public API (HCI and L2CAP IIRC)
	will make porting programs much easier..  I would recommend that
	you can take the hci.h and l2cap.h defs from NetBSD files so that
	the spelling is constant throughout the BSD family at least.
	(also, I added HCI 2.1 already)

+ commit the SCO code you mentioned the other day
	you said you didn't know how it could be used, but until it is
	public then of course nobody else can work on that :)

regards,
iain