BT issues

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 23:39:05 UTC 2008

>  >  Thanks for the script but I would need it expanded a bit.  The thing is
>  > that because I connect both FreeBSD and Windows as clients I had to create 2
>  > slightly different ppp.conf labels (it didn't work for me with one label
>  > only).  Therefore I created 2 simple scripts, each starting rfcomm_pppd with
>  > different label on different channel.  Then I run them manually or
>  > automatically from cron at startup.
>  >  Do you think it would be possible to cover situations like mine within your
>  > script ?  Something like specifying for instance
>  > rfcomm_pppd_server_channel="1,2" .. ?
>
>  why do you need 2 different labels? having multiple instances of a
>  rfcomm_pppd started would be possible, however i will need some time
>  to think about it.

i have committed to -current newer version of the rfcomm_pppd_server script

===

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/rfcomm_pppd_server

Add rfcomm_pppd_server rc script to allow start rfcomm_pppd(8) in server
mode at boot time. Multiple profiles can be started at the same time.
The whole idea is very similar to the ppp rc script.

===

it provides support for multiple rfcomm_pppd profiles running on
multiple rfcomm channels. still not sure why you need to support this,
but it was relatively painless to add such support, so i did it. give
it a try and let me know if you have any problems and/or suggestions.
i will mfc it in a week or so.

thanks,
max