headset support

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 17:49:11 UTC 2008

Jon,

>  I have searched back through the archives here and there is discussion about
>  FreeBSD and headset/handsfree profile support.  I have seen several comments
>  that "the code is about the be committed" so I am wondering what the status
>  really is.  If any help is needed I would be willing to test and/or work on
>  code so that this feature can be brought to the FreeBSD platform.

first of all what exactly do you need to support? do you have any
specific usage scenario in mind? i have had code to support isoc
transfers in ng_ubt(4) (a must to support bluetooth audio) and
bluetooth sco sockets for quite a while. i was planning to commit it,
but then i changed my mind. with the code i have, i can transfer raw
audio data, but what to do with the raw data is the next big question.
do we need to somehow plug into sound subsystem? something else?

thanks,
max