Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse on FreeBSD ?

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Thu Apr 3 12:11:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, mato wrote:

> Well, this mouse of mine presents itself exactly as you said ...
>
> Input   id=2 size=12 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=X Variable Relative,
> Input   id=2 size=12 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Y Variable Relative,

wow thats a sensitive mouse, 12 bit movements! :)

> Input   id=2 size=8 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Wheel Variable
> Input   id=2 size=8 count=1 page=Consumer usage=AC_Pan Variable Relative,
>
> What can be done about it ??

I don't know - bthidd(4) could grow the support for AC_Pan fairly easily
but I don't know how you would get that into the kernel - the mouse_info
structure has no W direction and the ioctl would need to be versioned if
the structure was extended as there was no padding..

btw just to make you feel better I should say that sideways scroll does
not always work in applications; eg GThumb considers the extra buttons
to be 'next' and 'prev' instead and sideways scroll just jumps to the next
picture.

iain