Fw: wii remote on FreeBSD.

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 03:28:44 UTC 2007

Hi,

cc'd to freebsd-bluetooth for wider audience

> I wrote a primitive wii remote driver on FreeBSD
> based on your bthidd program.
>
> There is no one knowing this program yet, but I intend
> to release it soon (in next week.)
>
> Could you tell me what else I should do besides informing
> you and retain your copyright claim in every file to fulfill the
> patent issue?
>
> The following video clip may help you what I have done:
> http://cns.bu.edu/~chhsiao/bsdmoted/xeyes.mpg

looks pretty cool from what i see :)

is there a reason you wrote a separate piece of code? is not possible
to integrate your work into bthidd(8)?

i'm not sure what 'patent issue' are you talking about. i will be more
then happy to review and commit your work into freebsd source tree,
but you have to release your code under bsd-style license. and, of
course, your name and copyright will be kept on all your source files.

thanks,
max