Is it easy to write an program to make FreeBSD supoort Headset ?

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 16:55:15 UTC 2007

On 4/25/07, zhengzhi <tscmga at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>       I want to use my headset in FreeBSD now. I 've read some documents about
> bluetooth , headset profile .Headset Control is the higher level layer of
> SDP and RFCOMM ,and not complex.FreeBSD supports SDP and RFCOMM.
>   So What I have to do is  implement the Headset Control layer and wrap it as
> a audio device ?

1) sco support in ng_ubt(4) - some code exists but was not committed

2) sco sockets support - some code exists but was not committed

3) figure out a clean and good way to plug bluetooth sco into audio subsystem

4) actually implement headset profile

item 1 to 3 are definitely kernel work. implementation of item 4
largely depends on implementation of item 3 and may or may not be in
userspace.

thanks,
max