config files

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Thu Mar 9 18:40:05 GMT 2006

Iain,

>    I have been playing with bthidd and bthidcontrol today, both are
> compiled on NetBSD (all keyboard/mouse interpretation is removed)

good

>   And, I've been playing with my mouse trying to see it working so I know
> what to do, but gosh was having a terrible time of it. I worked out what
> my problem was (I thought it used no pin, when it should have been "0000"
> - the Apple documentation doesnt seem to mention this :) so I'm on track
> again I think.

yes. most (all?) mice/headsets and other devices with limited user
interface have "fixed pin". it is usually "0000".

>   I was wondering though, if it would be more admin friendly to have a
> single "bluetooth.conf" file with a single parser (maybe in libbluetooth)?
> Each different program would never see the keywords that it didnt
> understand..

i do not like this idea. having one huge config file for every possible
bluetooth application seems like a bad thing to me. i agree, parser code
can be moved in libbluetooth (or whatever), but config files should stay
separate.

thanks,
max