headset/sco support in freebsd

Iain Hibbert plunky at rya-online.net
Wed Apr 12 19:50:19 UTC 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> imo, none of the SOCK_xxx types describes sco exactly. to me its either
> SOCK_DGRAM/SOCK_SEQPACKET (more preferred) or SOCK_STREAM (less preferred).
[..]
> in other words sco "protocol" has (some) SOCK_SEQPACKET properties vs. sco
> "protocol" is/can be used to transfer SOCK_STREAM type of data.

Thats kind of what I thought too only I was leaning the other way until I
saw what the other guys did.

Well I am hoping that the sockets part of it will be mostly irrelevant
since I am aiming to create a kernel audio device that can be set on top
of the SCO code, and in fact after already working on L2CAP (SEQPACKET)
and RFCOMM (STREAM) I think SEQPACKET is an easier concept to program, and
so would leave the packetising to the audio driver, which may help keep
latency down..

regards,
iain