Bluetooth mouse breaks on -current

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Tue Oct 4 14:28:58 PDT 2005

Eric,

[...]

>> this looks like the mouse is loosing the connection and trying to
>> re-connect.
>
> Correct - the mouse would just stop working while I was using it, and
> this particular mouse needs a button click to tell it to re-connect (as
> if it was in power save mode).  The reconnects you see, are me clicking
> buttons to get it to come back alive.

fine

>> this is bad. something screwed up at usb level. basically we are
>> trying to send commands to the local device (not mouse) and it does
>> not respond.
>
> I agree - almost seems as though it's a faulty usb bluetooth adapter.

well, may be. may be not. since the load is high during buildworld i
wonder if this has something to do with interrupt latency.

>> what is the model/make of the local bluetooth device (not mouse)?
>
> It's a built-in bluetooth adapter in my Sony laptop:
>
> ubt0: ALPS UGX, rev 1.10/11.68, addr 3
> ubt0: ALPS UGX, rev 1.10/11.68, addr 3
> ubt0: Interface 0 endpoints: interrupt=0x81, bulk-in=0x82, bulk-out=0x2
> ubt0: Interface 1 (alt.config 5) endpoints: isoc-in=0x83, isoc-out=0x3;
> wMaxPacketSize=49; nframes=6, buffer size=294

thanks

>> was buildworld still running?
>
> Yes
>
>> if buildworld was running can you tell what the load was?
>
> I can't recall what the load was at the time, but the CPU was close to
> 100% utilized.

hmm...

>> what scheduler are you using BSD or ULE?
>
> ULE

can you please try BSD? just to see if it makes any difference. also try
to disable PREEMPTION (with both ULE and BSD).

>> are you running with WITNESS enabled?
>
> No.

good

>> also how fast is the cpu on your machine?
>
> 1500MHZ.

hmm... 1.5ghz, i wonder why your cpu is close to 100% during buildworld.
it would be nice to know how much time system spends in "sys" etc. you
have pretty fast cpu, so its kinda strange.

> Full dmesg, and other info here:
>
> http://www.googlebit.com/freebsd/
>
> Look for the most recent date.

thanks

>> ok, this is really bad. usb device should not just detach by itself
>> (unless you pull it out).
>
> Actually, that was me flipping the switch (enable/disable wireless,
> including bluetooth) on the laptop.

ah, i see.

[...]

thanks,